Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Negative. I'm a Meat Popsicle.

I have to admit: I've thoroughly enjoyed a myriad of funny takedowns of recent Bruce Willis movies from the likes of Redlettermedia, Rotten Tomatoes, etc. I've shared their sentiment that Mr. Willis has, in recent years, seemed willing to sign on to play a role in just about Any puerile, straight-to-streaming, cinematic action drivel that miraculously found a financier. 


Now, upon further reflection, I just feel sad about all of it. It's one thing to be a shameless hack without discretion, enthusiastically signing on to any dross tossed your way by a greedy agent, while doing your best to hold on to some semblance of former fame regardless of the quality of the work you've undertaken. It's quite another to be a man who knows he's going to totally lose his ability to act very soon, trying to make as much for his family as he can before he just can't do what he loves anymore.