Thursday, May 19, 2022

"I Don't Like Kids.."

Hi. Friendly reminder that the oft-repeated online statement/sentiment of “I don’t like kids” should elicit the same revulsion and indignation as the statement “I don’t like gays” or “I don’t like black people.” 

Children are the most routinely marginalized and oppressed group of people on the planet; utterly powerless to defend themselves against a myriad of cruel, dangerous and traumatic things. When you say “I don’t like kids,” you’re normalizing that marginalization and that oppression and proving yourself to be one more person children can't look to to keep them safe. 

Stop doing it. You don't have to have kids. It's not a good choice for many and a completely valid decision to choose to not be a parent for a vast number of people. But stop hating the most vulnerable among us. Please, be better.